Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass Surgery
With Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass Surgery, dramatic changes take place soon after surgery and last for a lifetime when accompanied by appropriate lifestyle changes. Patients generally lose 2/3 to 3/4 of their excess weight within 18 months. As patients start to lose weight, they also experience a reduction or elimination of obesity-related health problems such as diabetes, hypertension, sleep apnea, urinary stress incontinence, severe acid reflux, and osteoarthritis. A healthier, more active life becomes possible.
The Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass Surgery can help patients who are committed to lifelong behavior modification, regain their health and enjoyment of living. While weight loss surgery is not a quick-fix, it is a life-changing event that can help provide a healthier, more active life.
Download information (a PDF file) about the Cooper Clinic Surgical Weight Loss Program or call our office to request that educational materials be mailed to your home.
Call (479) 274-5100 or 800-333-1305.
For your convenience, questions may also be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are you a candidate for gastric bypass surgery?
You may qualify for the Surgical Weight Loss Program at Cooper Clinic if you:
• Are more than 100 pounds above ideal body weight; have a Body Mass Index (BMI) of 40 or greater; or a BMI of 35 or greater with two or more comorbidities (i.e. diabetes, hypertension, cardiovascular disease, sleep apnea, degenerative joint disease)
• Have a history of unsuccessful weight loss management
• Have a lifelong commitment to follow-up care and dietary, exercise, medical guidelines
• Are psychologically able to handle lifestyle changes
• Have caring support from friends and family
Cooper Clinic Surgeon trained in Laparoscopic Gastric Bypass Surgery:
Darryl W. Eckes, MD, FACS
• Board Certified
• American Board of Surgery
• Fellow, American College of Surgeons